Our Shampoo Bar is soap for the hair in a bar form which limits the required packaging. It performs well leaving your hair soft and clean feeling.
Tips: Cold Process Shampoo Bars are one of the "cleanest" from an environmental perspective way to wash your hair. There are a few tricks to having the best experience with our shampoo bars.
- These shampoo bars work best with soft water. If your water is hard you may have difficulty rinsing it out of your hair.
- Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar (one part Vinegar to three parts water) is your friend when using cold process shampoo. It is used to adjust PH, and to condition your hair. A rinse of vinegar every 3-5 washes will help to keep your hair soft and manageable. This same diluted vinegar is also useful if you are using a natural deodorant to keep you fresh and balance PH. We make an Rosemary and Vinegar Rinse (coming to our website soon) but it is quite simple to make yourself.
- The transition to cold process shampoo is different for everyone. Some people experience a few weeks of their hair feeling straw like, many people do not experience this transition period and adjust much quicker. To aid in the transition we suggest regular vinegar rinses as well as a simple dry shampoo between washes.
- Cornstarch or Arrowroot Powder are great dry shampoo options for the transition period or as a refresher between washes. (Coming Soon, but in the mean time have a small container near where you fix your hair and apply with your fingers.)
- Follow up with a Hair Conditioner. We also make a bar conditioner!
- The PH of our shampoo bar is approximately 7. This means that if you colour your hair you may experience the colour washing out of your hair. For colour treated hair you should look for a shampoo that has a PH of about 4.5.
- Our large shampoo bar lasts approximately 3-4 months if kept on a soap lift that allows it to dry between uses and out of direct water. We do have customers that report up to 6 months of use per bar.
As you transition to bar shampoo I would be happy to support you. Just send a message and I will problem solve with you. I was one of the unfortunate people who took about a month to transition my hair so I know the struggle and I am so happy that I stuck with it. My hair (curly) has never felt better and more manageable. -Danielle
Ingredients: Aqua (water), Saponified Oils: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Nut Butter, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ricinus Comminis (Castor) Seed Oil, Symphytum officinale (comfrey) Leaf, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flowers, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Powder, Kaolin Clay, Essential Oil Blend: Rosemary, Lavender & Frankincense